Ways To Give
Donors who itemize their tax returns receive a federal (and state) income tax deduction for their charitable donations. For your convenience, the USD Foundation offers several ways to make your donation.
- Make checks payable to USD Foundation with gift designation on memo line.
- Gifts of cash are deductible up to 50% of donor's income for federal tax purposes.
- Deduction amounts greater than 50% limit can be carried forward for an additional five years.
- Appreciated stocks are deductible at average of high and low market values on date ownership is transferred to USD Foundation.
- Stocks may be transferred by certificate of endorsement or through direct transfer to Foundation brokerage account.
- IRS limits amount that may be deducted to 30% of donor's income.
- Deduction amounts greater than 30% limit can be carried forward for an additional five years.
- Call 1-800-521-3575 for further instructions.
- Includes private residences, farms, rental properties, vacation homes, etc.
- Subject to environmental and marketing revue before acceptance by Foundation.
- Donors may give personal residence(s) and retain lifetime right to live in home.
- Subject to 30% limit for federal income tax purposes, with a five-year carryover of excess amounts.
You may contribute to a number of Foundation funds or college/school annual funds on our secure server. Give Online.
You may have regular amounts automatically withdrawn from your bank account.
Download the Direct Payment Form. This form requires your signature, and must be submitted to the Foundation in hard copy.
Additionally, USD employees can choose payroll deduction as a method of direct payment.
Download the Payroll Deduction Form. This form requires your signature, and must be submitted to the Foundation in hard copy.
You may give periodically over a multi-year period to support the program of your choice.
Download the Pledge Form. This form requires your signature, and must be submitted to the Foundation in hard copy.